Post Date: 11/18/2013
Reviews and interprets
government provided Automatic Work Requests and drawings to prepare detailed
work specifications using the Navy
Maintenance Database , and assists with Long Lead Time Material identification.
- Reviews and interprets government provided 2-kilos
(Automatic Work Requests) and drawings to prepare detailed work specifications
using the advance Planning Manager Module in Navy Maintenance Database.
- Identifies and downloads required engineering
- Assists in Long Lead Time Material (LLTM)
- Occasional ship checks (i.e. once or twice a month)
- Performs other related duties as assigned by
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- Five years of experience
in ship repair industry or engineering/design training is required.
- Requires specialized knowledge in "Standard
Items", and the ability to read and understand engineering drawings for
multiple disciplines (electrical, structural, piping, vent, hull outfit, etc.)
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal
- PC skills (all MS Office Products)
- A minimum of two years experience with Navy
Maintenance Database is preferred.
Office environment and
Occasional exposure to outdoor conditions.
Duties of this job require sitting for long periods of time, occasional
lifting up to 25 lbs., possible climbing, stooping, or crawling. Must have motor coordination skills, ability
to perform basic arithmetic accurately and quickly, the ability to express
ideas using the spoken word and perception of speech. Occasional exposure to noise levels requiring
The specific statements shown
in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements of criteria
necessary to successfully perform the job.
Marine Hydraulics International, Inc. is an at will employer.
Post Date: 11/18/2013
Respond to marine coatings and
pricing requests from both customers and company personnel
Participate in job site inspections and ship checks to verify technical
Prepare and submit subcontracts and rental requisitions in support of pricing proposals
Identification of all marine coatings cost elements necessary for execution
of work requirements including production trade man-hours, subcontracts,
rentals and materials
Preparation of work breakdown structures to support proposal submittals and
Preparation of requisitions for subcontracts and rentals to support proposal
Interface with Subcontracts Group to resolve technical and schedule issues
Establishing execution approach for work requirements with project and
Resolution of technical and schedule issues with contracts, project and
BA/BS in Business
Administration or a related academic field of study, or AA/AS plus 2 years directly
related experience, or 6 years directly related marine coating estimating
Strong verbal and written communication skills
Strong business math skills
Ability to learn and understand company accounting software and all related
Minimum 3-5 years marine coatings, technical and quality
assurance experience in an environment related to U.S. Navy ship preservation
Must have or be able to obtain a government Secret security clearance
Intermediate experience in MS Excel, MS Word and MS Project and strong
Must be able to work aboard marine vessels, climb ladders and work in
Must be able to wear required personal protective equipment (PPE)
Must have reliable transportation
Mortgage Sales Manager
Post Date: 11/18/2013
Job Title: Mortgage Sales Manager
Reports to: Sales
Primary Purpose: Manage, Recruit, and Retain
Mortgage Loan Officers
Recruits and retains Loan Officers.
Establishes and tracks sales goals for Loan
Formulates and communicates effective sales
Acts as liaison between Loan Officers and Bank Officers.
Coordinates training of Loan Officers with Loan
Business Development Opportunities.
Participates in industry related events.
Promotes business for the Bank and encourages
origination staff to cross sell products from other Bank business lines.
Attends meetings and other company functions
necessary to perform duties and aid in business and organizational development.
Attends monthly Sales Managers Meetings and
Meets monthly with Sales Manager/EVP.
Skills and Competencies:
Required – Four or more years as a Loan Officer with proven sales
Communicates well and fosters a positive working
Salary: $17.00-$24.00 hr
Location: Norfolk, VA
Post Date: 4/19/2013
Performs duties of Quality Assurance Specialist I, quality assurance inspections and NDT on board ships during ship repair operations.
must be RAPIDGate eligible and must obtain VSRA and
10 Hour OSHA Training, if hired.
Performs quality assurance audits or checks on the work of welders, fitters and pipefitters, assuring the use of correct procedures, materials, processes, and technical instructions. Conducts inspections of work areas and other general QA inspections (checkpoints).
Performs non-destructive inspections on all components as required by NAVSEA specifications, blueprints and work procedure requirements to include NDT inspections for piping and structural fit-up and final weld including but not
limited to 5X visual, liquid penetrant, magnetic particle and ultrasonic inspections as needed.
Attends production meetings as necessary to keep up-to-date on job progress and works with shop superintendents to resolve problems and possible negative workmanship trends. Keeps MHI NDT Examiner and Project Managers informed.
Observe sub-contractor NDT inspections and reviews sub-contractor welding and NDT procedures for compliance prior to submission for MARMC
Records, organizes and evaluates test results and generates NDT and QA inspection reports.
Maintains equipment and assures calibration for tests to be performed.
- Schedules, calls in and conducts preliminary and final "G" point NDT checkpoints.
- Provides OJT for other Quality Assurance personnel.
- Assists NDT Level III as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent. Two years related technical experience.
- Complete all requirements of Quality Assurance Specialist II.
- ASNT Certification preferred but not required.
- Must have documentation to support requirements have been met to achieved
VT, PT, UT and MT NDT requirements. Must have met requirements for Level II in
- Must have the ability to operate or learn to use magnetic yokes, ultrasonic
equipment, magnifiers, machinist’s rules, Bridge Cam and fillet gauges.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook is a must.
Post Date: 11/18/2013
Seeking a business professional to fill the role of project
analyst. The successful candidate will be primarily tasked with the development
and maintenance of complex project budgets and schedules. The following prerequisites are desired: An
undergraduate degree (or higher) in engineering, business, or science. All applicants must have past experience
applying financial and scheduling concepts to complex and dynamic construction
and machining related projects.
Microsoft Office (especially Excel) is a requirement, Critical Path method
of scheduling, and familiar with Oracle Primavera Version 8 or above is also
Quality Assurance Specialist II
Salary: $24-$25 hourly
Primary Skill: QA
Location: Norfolk, VA
Post Date: 7/3/2013
1. NACE 1 or NBPI Certification
2. Able to Qualify for RapidGate
Performs in process quality assurance audits of MHI trades and subcontractors
for compliance to work specifications.
Provides QA policy and quality assurance requirements to MHI trade supervisors
during job "kick-off" meetings. Attends weekly progress
meetings with MHI project managers and customers providing a copy of weekly
progress reports to the AQAD. Advises production shop personnel and
sub-contractors on quality assurance issues.
As part of availability planning, develops Test and Inspection plan, performs
technical review of work specs to ensure compliance with technical
requirements, and conducts pre-availability sub-contract QA meetings with or
for the assigned QAS I to review subcontract requirements. Provides
Documenter’s initial and updated information to maintain T & I plan and
ensure it remains up-to-date.
Reviews, audits and submits process control procedures for each new job.
Per customer contracts, oversees specified inspections and test as required.
Work with QAS I and observe sub-contractor NDT inspections.
Upon conclusion of each job (availabilities), reviews the final records to be
put into storage.
Trains to be Q. A. Specialist I..
Writes QA specific CFR’s
with customer and subcontractor QA representatives.
Responsible for obtaining and maintaining internal qualifications.
Start training to obtain NDT Level I Certifications.
Performs other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
High School Diploma or Equivalent.
Must complete all
requirements of Quality Assurance Specialist III.
Two or more years related technical experience and knowledge
of ship repair procedures.
Knowledge of NAVSEA Standard Items and requirements of other
Ship Repair Authorities.
Must have NACE 1 or NBPI Certification.
Strong organizational skills.
Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook is a must.
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to interact
well with others.
Primary Skill: Experience in managing large shipboard projects
Location: Hampton Roads, VA
Post Date: 1/22/2013
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND PURPOSE
Coordinate and assist trades and subcontractors to perform work within their area(s) of responsibility to meet project goals. Prioritize sequence and coordinate all activities to completion in accordance with a plan, schedule and budget.
- High School Graduate or equivalent with good knowledge of trade responsibilities, ship systems and shipbuilding practices.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Good team building skills.
- Prior supervisory experience.
- Knowledge of milestone planning, progressing, ship compartmentation and nomenclature, production methods, procedures and techniques.
- Working knowledge of engineering drawings, work instructions, quality assurance procedures and budget and schedule development.
- Successfully demonstrated knowledge of company policy and procedure.
- Necessity for working extended hours at various times as job accomplishments require, including weekend and holidays.
- Incumbent should be able to spend long hours on the ship and be able to climb masts, enter voids, trunks, and engineering spaces to supervise work.
- Must be able to make decisions, recognize dangerous conditions, know and understand safety, quality assurance, standard items, Union and Ship’s Force issues.
- Incumbent will frequently be exposed to dust, welding/burning fumes and smoke and must be able to spend up to 75% of time in an outdoor shipyard environment in all climates
- Noise level is usually moderate to extremely noisy 75% of the employee’s time, which may include sirens, horns, chipping and hammering.
- The remaining 25% of the employee’s time will be performed in an air conditioned office with low noise level.
- Coordinates/supports shipboard trades and subcontractors to meet production requirements.
- Monitor and anticipate schedule and budget deviations and initiate corrective action.
- Monitor trade activities and provide input to the Assistant Foreman and/or the Shop Foreman to initiate appropriate action.
- Verify completion of production work for each phase of compartment completeion.
- Develop work plans in area(s) of responsibilities as required, working with trade supervision.
- Ensure areas of responsibility are safe and clean at all times.
- Initiate resolution of conflicting trade/subcontractors priorities.
- Provide input to Planning in regards to zone strategies and work developmental process.
- Provide appropriate feedback (lessons learned, best practices, etc) to Shop Foreman, Planning and Management.
- Ensure material and equipment protection
- Other responsibilities and duties as assigned.
Post Date: 11/18/2013
Submit sketches for numerous jobs to the government or customer as needed.
Perform ship checks as needed.
Perform inspections as called out in various spec items.
Perform non-required inspections when needed to identify other problems to
Submit Condition Found Reports both for required reports and non-required as
Propose repair solutions for discrepancies identified during inspections.
Build complete job in CAD to instruct mechanics on exact locations to be worked and or modified.
Through design, determine exact amount of material needed for jobs to ensure
there are no ensure that only the amount of material needed for a job is
Assist other trades and departments as needed with design/drawings in CAD.
At all times, must adhere to all safety standards. This includes reporting
any unsafe conditions or operations to immediate supervisor.
Maintain proper PPE at all times in accordance with safety policies and
Assist foreman with other tasks as needed.
(type and preferred # of years)
Four years directly related experience.
Must be proficient in CAD.
Be able to interpret spec items and drawings with the ability to locate
drawings from the SDI.
Must be able to gain access to government facilities and obtain a security
Must have reliable transportation.
Works well with others.
Excellent communication skills.